History

The Record Printing began operation in 1899 located on Iowa Avenue in Muscatine, Iowa. About one year later they moved to the corner of Second Street and Chestnut.  Sometime during the 1930's the company relocated to a larger building at 214-216 Chestnut Street. Primary production was calendars and yearbooks. In 1945 Record Printing combined operation with Ioway Printing and moved to 212 Walnut Street. In June 2003 we relocated to 506 Mulberry Ave. Our current location is 316 West Third Street since April 2008.

The company incorporated in 1967. At this time offset presses were added to the letterpress operation. Photo typesetting was introduced in 1979. Allen Kiddoo purchased the company from Francis VanderLinden in 1989. Since that time we have removed letterpress equipment, upgraded to desktop publishing in the Mac format, replaced older offset presses with newer machines, and replaced other equipment as needed. In 1996 we started to use the resources of the Internet and now receive and send jobs by this additional means. In 2000 we added a high speed digital printer. Many jobs can now be output with this printer at reduced cost and decreased turn-around time over offset. We now also offer low cost color copies, soft cover perfect book binding, plastic coil binding and vinyl graphics.